浄真寺 九品仏 Joshinji Temple , Tokyo

九品仏駅すぐの浄土宗のお寺 浄真寺。都内でこれだけの数の仏像を拝めるのはこのお寺だけかもしれません。

石庭にずんと座っているのは猫さん。珍しい風景です。

本堂のテラスからの眺めです。猫にも愛されるお寺さん。

駅前からの行き方と、東側から東門を潜って入る2通りがあります。これは東門です。

寺務所です。奥の建物は開山堂。この門の反対側は駅に向かう道です

開山堂

当寺開山珂碩上人のお像を安置する。 このご尊像は上人自彫のもので、お姿は合掌する上人御年42歳のときのものである。この像も文化財に指定されており、万治元年(1657年)上人が、如来のお告げ三度により、水鏡に御姿をうつし彫刻されたものであって、古来より安産・厄除・開運としてひろく信仰をあつめている。 なお、開山堂では、上人のご命日に当る毎月七日の開山忌に開扉して、午後一時より法要とご法話及び写経が催されており、一般の方の参加を望んでいる。上人は元禄7年(1694年)10月7日、御年七十七歳にて示寂され当山の西北にその御廟がある。

Founder’s Hall (kai-san do) Installed here is a statue of the founder of Kuhon-butsu, Kaseki Shonin. In 1657, the master received a divine message from Amida Buddha three times and subsequently carved this image of himself which he saw reflected in a pool of water. The image shows him in the prayer-like gassho pose when he was forty-two years old. This statue has also been designated a cultural treasure.
Since this time, this hall has been a place of prayer for good childbirth, removing bad luck and garnering good luck. On October 7, 1694 at the age of seventy-seven Kaseki Shonin passed on (his mausoleum was built in the north-west part of the temple grounds). The Founder’s Hall is also used to commemorate this memorial day of Kaseki Shonin. On the seventh day of every month,the doors are opened and a religious service with dharma talk and sutra copying practice are held. We hope that anyone who would like to participate in these events will attend.

珂然和尚編珂碵上人行業記に曰く(珂碵-かせきの電気を弟子の珂然かねんが書いたもの)

元禄三年六月二十二日珂碵上人疾有り日と共に進む。九月二十三日 高弟阿憶上人河内國より来る 師珂憶上人に告げて曰く 九品佛像造佛の本擔已に成就せり 堂宇荘嚴志有って遂げす 老躯体疲れて今往生の素懐を遂げんとす 汝宜しく修立せよ 身後の事は皆汝に付属す汝それ忽ちにすること勿れ 又門人に告げて曰く我が後に我が後に珂憶あり憶はわれに異なる所なし 汝等謹みてその救命に従ふべしと 十月七日夜半合掌し弥陀の宝号を唱し寂す

阿憶上人師の遺命を奉じ力を林碵上人に協せ材木一式を河内王手山にて切り舩にて下し元禄十一年十月十五日現本堂三佛堂の揚棟を成し給えり 閲世二百七十年十万有綠の合力により諸堂の大修築成る これを昭和大修築と称しいささか祖恩に報いんとす 即ち昔日の血汗の御労苦を偲び 之を碑面に刻し以って記念とす 乞ふ来山の諸氏弥陁の名号を唱し 恭順礼拝し給はん事を

昭和四十一年五月七日佛歓喜日 九品山唯在念佛院淨眞寺 第十六世 心誉順碵

仁王門 

仁王門

重厚荘重なる仁王門 (山門)は別名「紫雲楼」とも呼ばれ寛政5年(1793)の建立である。一対の仁王像、楼上に阿弥陀如来と二十五菩薩像が安置されているほか、風神・雷神の像もあって、寺域全体の安全が意図されている。

The Gate of the Two Deva Kings (ni-o mon) This dignified and solemn gate was built in 1793 and serves as the main entrance or “Mountain Gate” (sanmon) to the temple. This gate is also called by the special name “The Purple Cloud Tower” (shi-un-ro). Statues of the pair of Deva Kings and, on the second floor, Amida Buddha and the 25 attendant bodhisattvas were installed here along with statues of the God of Wind and the God of Thunder. Their roles are to guard the safety of the whole grounds of the temple.

紫雲楼 (仁王門) 楼上の二十五菩薩

当山に参詣される人々は、この楼上に安置してある阿弥陀如来と二十五菩薩に迎えられて、三仏堂へと足を運ぶことになる。すなわち紫雲の門より内は荘厳の浄土(彼岸)であることを示している。この楼門は寛政年間の建立である。当山の伝統相続行事である「二十五菩薩来迎会」(お面かぶり)は無形文化財に指定せられ、この楼上の二十五菩薩は、 来迎の真髄を示現していることになる。

The 25 Bodhisattvas of the upper floor of the “The Purple Cloud Tower” (shi-un-ro)[the Gate of the Two Deva Kings] When people visit Kuhon-butsu, they are greeted at the entrance by statues of Amida Buddha and the 25 attendant bodhisattvas which are installed on the upper level of the Purple Cloud
Tower. Here, visitors are pointed towards the Halls of the Three Buddhas. In this way, once inside the Purple Cloud Tower, they are shown the majesty of the Pure Land (other shore). The Purple Cloud Tower was built in the Kansei Era (1789-1800). Kuhon-butsu has established a traditional event which continues today called the Festival of the Welcome to the Pure Land (omenkaburi). This masquerade has been designated as an intangible cultural treasure. The 25 Bodhisattvas of the Purple Cloud Tower manifest the essence of the reception into the Pure Land.

鐘楼

仁王門とは対照的に、流麗な建築手法を示す鐘楼は関東でも名楼の誉れ高く、宝永5年(1708年)の建立である。 梵鐘は文化財に指定されており、今に残る深沢の名家谷岡氏の御先祖が二親菩提のために鋳造され(宝永5年) 当山に寄進されたものである。 また楼の四周に刻まれた十二支は作者不詳であるが、名作として特に有名である。 毎年大晦日より元旦にかけて、 除夜の鐘に遠近の参拝者でにぎわっている。

Bell Tower (sho-ro) In contrast to the Gate of the Two Deva Kings, the Bell Tower shows an elegant, hand-made construction. It was built in 1708 and is considered of high rank among bell towers in the Kanto area. The bell itself has been designated as a cultural treasure. The ancestors of the well known Tanioka family of Fukazawa had this bell cast as a donation in honor of the two great bodhisattvas, Kannon and Seishi. The twelve wooden carved supports which surround the bell (see photo) were made by a very skilled craftsman whose identity is unknown today. At the end of year through to New Year’s Day, worshippers from near and far crowd into
the temple to celebrate the ringing in of the New Year on this bell.

本堂

ご本尊の釈迦如来像

本堂から正面に見えるのが上品中品下品の3棟の中の中品堂

中品には本来3体の仏様(阿弥陀如来像)がいらっしゃるのですが現在一体 京都「美術院」国宝修理所にて修復を行っております。

淨眞寺の九躰の阿弥陀佛像は、開山珂碩上人によって江戸時代初期の寛文七年(1667)に造立された佛像ですが、いずれも像高2メートル80センチ前後の丈六像であり、その形成は平安時代や鎌倉時代の伝統を受け継ぎ、いわば復古的な彫像といえます。
また特徴としては、九躰の佛像が全て印相を違え、上品佛は「弥陀定印」、中品佛は「説法印」、下品佛は「来迎印」と分けられて、更に上生・中生・下生で指の印相を違えております。これは仏教史学上貴重な作例といえます。なお、江戸時代の作とはいえ、九躰の丈六佛像が完備することは他に例がなく、九躰ともに東京都の文化財に指定されております(淨眞寺HPより)

上品(じょうぼん)の阿弥陀如来像です

下品(げぼん)の阿弥陀如来像です。

珂碵上人御廟 かせきしょうにんごびょう

境内  

境内周囲の土手はこの地がかつて奥沢城であったときからの名残りで、鎌倉期における築城学上 「土塁」の形態を示すものとして貴重な史料である。境内には古木が多く、 カヤ (天然記念物)の大木は推定樹齢七百年以上、またトチ・高野マキ菩提樹およびイチョウ(天然記念物)、 など古大木があり、つねに参拝する人々が絶えない、武蔵野の面影を残存する霊域である。 参道 ・ 総門・閻魔堂・仁王門・鐘楼・開山堂・本堂・三仏堂・書院食堂などいわゆる七堂伽藍の完備した僧房として数少ない寺院である。また、寺域全体が極楽往生の様相に形どられ、弥陀三六の願いに即して、境内3万6千坪、三仏堂各堂丸柱三十六柱、 本堂ケヤキ柱三十六柱、さらに三仏堂と本堂のあいだ三十六間というように、細部にわたって往生にちなんだ数字があてはめられいちど九品仏境内に歩をはこび参拝結縁したならば、往生浄土の信心を得ることができるという願いがこもっているのである。このような緑の境域は周囲の変化にともない次第に失なわれてゆく都内の現状の中できわめてたいせつなものである。 将来ともこの風致を永く保存したいと念願いたしておる次第である。

Temple Grounds (keidai) The embankments which surround the temple precincts mark the vestiges of the old Okusawa Castle. They are precious historical artifacts which show the form of the type of high level “earthwork” construction during the Kamakura Era (1192-1333). Inside the grounds are found various old trees: a kaya tree estimated to be over 700 years old (a natural monument), a Japanese horse chestnut (tochi), a Chinese black pine (maki), and a Ginko tree (icho, a natural monument) also refereed to as a Bodhi tree, the tree under which Shakyamuni Buddha attained enlightenment. There is always a stream of people who enjoy walks here and the feeling of the old Musashino ambiance and the spirit of the castle. The entrance way, main gate, Hall of the King of Hell Yama (enma-do), Gate of the Two Kings, Bell Tower, Founder’s Hall, Main Hall, Halls of the Three Buddhas, guest quarters, and meal hall make a complete monastery, called in ancient days a Seven Hall Samgharama (sichi-do garan). The number of such temples today are very few. Further, the complete temple replicates in form the condition of beingborn in the Pure Land. Various spots have been constructed or laid out according to important numbers in the Pure Land tradition. Forexample, based on Amida Buddha’s thirty-six vows, the precincts cover 36,000 Japanese tsubo (120,000m²); in each of the Halls of theThree Buddhas there are 36 rounded pillars; in the Main Hall there are 36 pillars made of keyaki wood; and finally between the Halls ofthe Three Buddhas and the Main Hall there are 36 intervals. In this way. our hope is that through a walk though Kuhon-butsu’s precincts,you will be able to make a special connection with Amida Buddha and gain belief in birth in the Pure Land. These kinds of surroundingsare extremely important today as natural areas decrease with the spread of urbanization. We have the deep wish to preserve this scenic area into the future.

Peace Nippon Galleryアーカイブ